April 23-25th, 2021
Know Before You Go Guides
- Base Camp General Admission
- Base Camp VIP
- Hike & Mic
- Bearfoot in the Park
- An Evening with Chuck Leavell
WHAT IS BASE CAMP?
Base Camp is our name for the main music stage and festival grounds for Bear Shadow. Base Camp is located at Winfield Farm, 250 Winfield Farm Road, Scaly Mountain, 28775
BASE CAMP SCHEDULE
Friday, April 23rd
- Gates: 4:30pm
- Robert Ellis: 5:30-6:15pm
- Shelly Colvin: 6:30-8:00pm
- Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors: 8:30-10:00pm
Saturday, April 24th
- Gates: 4:30pm
- Jamestown Revival: 6:30-8:00pm
- Mandolin Orange: 8:30-10:00pm
Sunday, April 25th
- Gates: 4:30pm
- Devon Gilfillian: 5:30-6:15pm
- The War & Treaty: 6:30-8:00pm
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones: 8:30-10:00pm
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ARTISTS APPEARING AT BEAR SHADOW?
WILL THERE BE MORE SHOWS / PROGRAMMING ANNOUNCED?
Yes! There are several of additional experiences that can be enjoyed each day before Base Camp begins. Please visit www.bearshadownc.com/experience/ for more information.
WHAT ARE THE TICKET PRICES FOR BEAR SHADOW EVENTS?
Please see the ticket page here.
CAN KIDS COME TO BEAR SHADOW?
Unfortunately, not this year. We love kids, but with continued regulations and challenges due to COVID, the year’s Bear Shadow will be 21 and over. This may change in the future.
HOW WILL BEAR SHADOW BE WORKING TO KEEP US SAFE?
Bear Shadow will be implementing and enforcing new safety protocols in light of the pandemic. This will ensure we can enjoy live music again, safely. This includes:
- Moving BS’s Base Camp to a larger outdoor area at Winfield Farm, which will allow for 6- or 8- person “COVEs” (Contained Open-Air Viewing Environments). These COVEs will be at least 6 feet in distance from all other COVEs and separated by barriers.
- Base Camp tickets will ONLY be offered in 6- or 8- person COVEs. This is the max number of people allowed in each cove. You may purchase the cove for less people but will have to pay the published price.
- Guests will be encouraged to stay in their COVEs, except in need of a restroom or to purchase food or beverages. VIP COVE guests will have dedicated servers and concessions within their designated COVE.
- Guest and crew will be pre-screened with daily temperature checks at the gate.
- Complimentary masks will be given to all guests and mask mandates will be enforced for guests and crew.
- Increased handwashing and hand sanitizing stations
- Adequate safety informational and directional signage
For detailed Base Camp Expectations, please click here.
What are the sizes of Base Camp COVEs available?
for Base Camp. Thank you for understanding.
WHAT IF I HAVE ROLL-OVER TICKETS FROM HIGHLANDS FOOD & WINE 2020
We will be contacting all roll-over ticket holders directly to work with you to put you into designated COVEs. Roll-over ticket holders will have priority COVEs placement. Please note roll over tickets are only for Saturday and/or Sunday shows. You will need to purchase Friday tickets or additional experience tickets when tickets go on sale. Please see all ticket/event options here.
IF BEAR SHADOW IS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19, WILL I RECEIVE A REFUND?
Yes. If the festival is canceled, all ticket holders will receive a full refund.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
VIP COVEs will have their COVE stocked with Wicked Weed Brews and bottled water upon arrive. Addition complimentary beer, wine, spirits courtesy of Ugly Dog Pub and small plates courtesy of the Old Edwards Inn food truck throughout the show with dedicated servers. Additional food vendors will be onsite for purchases.
GENERAL ADMISSION COVEs will enjoy COVE stocked with the first round of Wicked Weed Brews on us! In order to make things more efficient we will have the following options of wristbands for purchase to allow the enjoyment of additional libations during the show. These wristbands will grant access to the THE BEAR BARN, where you will be served unlimited beer, wine, and spirits for the show. This means less waiting time and more time for you to party!
- BEAR BARN ALL ACCESS – $40 (All the beer, wine and spirits you can drink)*
- WICKED ONLY ACCESS – $12 (All the craft brews you can drink)*
- *There is a 2 drink limit per BEAR BARN visit
Options that can be enjoyed at THE BEAR BARN include: Wicked Weed Brews, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Cathead Vodka, The Chemist, Wente Sauvignon Blanc, Austerity Chardonnay, Bogle Rose, Line 39 Pinot Noir, Ravel & Stitch Cabernet Sauvignon and Pizay Morgon, along with other beverage selections.
No outside food or beverages will be permitted! Masks MUST be worn at all time when you leave your COVE.
Casual. This event is outdoors and is rain or shine. Please dress for forecasted weather. This is a farm and there are not paved areas so dress shoes are strongly discouraged (especially if the ground is wet).
- Temperature checks will be performed before guests board shuttles and before you exit your vehicles. Please don’t come to Bear Shadow if you are high-risk, under the weather or have recently been exposed to COVID-19
- Complimentary masks will be given to any guest that needs one. Mask wearing, outside of your COVE, will be strictly enforced.
- No outside food or drink will be permitted into event. Guests are not allowed to consume food or beverage outside their COVE.
- No pets will be permitted, service animals allowed.
- No smoking!
- General Admission ticket holders must bring their own chairs and/blankets. VIP COVE holders will have seating supplied.
GETTING TO HIGHLANDS
Highlands is located approximately 2 hours from Atlanta, Greenville, and Asheville. Get directions here. Base Camp is located at Winfield Farm, 250 Winfield Farm Road, Scaly Mountain, 28775 There is parking available onsite, and we highly recommend carpooling with your COVE mates. Bear Shadow is also offering complimentary shuttles to and from Highlands starting daily at 4pm, April 23-25th. These shuttles will be leaving from Kelsey-Hutchinson Founders Park . Temperature checks and COVID questionnaires will be performed prior to boarding and masks will be strictly enforced.
There are a variety of hotels, inns and rental homes available in Highlands, but inventory is limited. We suggest securing lodging early! You can browse options here.
Transportation and Parking
VIP TICKET HOLDERS – Because we need to do temperature checks prior to entry, all VIP tickets must be scanned at the entrance gate of Base Camp. You will be given your wristband after your ticket is scanned. For Base Camp Expectations please see here.”
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET HOLDERS – all wristbands will be given at the gate. You must have your barcoded ticket on your phone or have a printed copy. Tickets will be scanned, and we will assist you with putting on your wristband. No wristbands will be given without a ticket! For Base Camp Expectations – please see here.
DOES MY BASE CAMP TICKET INCLUDE ANCILLARY DAY TIME EVENTS AND IS THERE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE WEEKEND TICKET?
No. All events listed require their own tickets. Due to Highlands Food & Wine ticket holders having the ability to roll over tickets and the capacity restrictions, we are unable to offer weekend tickets.
What if I lose my wristband?
Do not lose your wristband – these are not replaceable. Individuals not wearing a wristband will not be allowed entry, no exceptions. The plastic security lock on the wristband is a one-way lock. Do not play with this lock to tighten the band too much. No wristbands will be replaced.
Your wristband allows you into the event once. You cannot leave and re-enter.
DOES BEAR SHADOW HAVE A CHARITY PARTNER?
Yes! Bear Shadow is honored to partner with the Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust for the inaugural festival. HCLT is a nationally accredited non-profit land conservation organization that actively works to conserve ecologically important land throughout southern Macon and Jackson Counties. For more information about the HCLT, you can visit them here.
WHAT TO BRING
- Camping chair and/or blankets for seating! GA Coves will not have seating provided. VIP Coves will have chairs provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Government issued photo id
- Event Wristband
- Cash/Card for additional food, beverage or merchandise
- Appropriate clothes for forecasted weather. This is a rain or shine event.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Anyone under 21
- Outside food or beverages
- Illegal drugs
- Cigarettes – this is a non-smoking event
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your understanding on safety regulations and COVE formatting. See YOU at Bear Shadow!